Saturday, June 27, 2009

I LOVE to see the temple!!!

When I was a little girl, my favorite song was "I Love to See the Temple" and I would sing it all the time. My family probably got sick of that song. But everytime I sing it I get really really teary eyed cuz it reminds me of when I used to sing it all the time. I remember one night in particular. We were driving to Utah in our Maroon Van. I was sitting in the back and everyone was asleep besides dad that was driving. I was sitting next to the window and was just looking out just taking in the beauty of the drive to Utah. (ok i know everyone disagrees with me right now, but I find it beautiful and I love just looking out the window and taking it all in.) I was very bored and I just started to sing that song. I usually did when I was bored or when I was happy. And I swear I sang that song for hours and hours. I just love the words and the tone in the song. I don't know how my siblings didn't kill me for snging it for hours, but they're all really patient. Anyways. I just love that song. Still do. But my whole life I have had a HUGE love for temples. So most people can say, "yeah so did I!" No, this is beyond loving the temple. My whole entire life I understood what its purpose was, and I have never ever had a day in my life that I didn't think about the temple. I just want to go there so bad!!! The first time I did Baptizms for the dead was basically the best day of my life so far. I loved the spirit there and if it was possible I would have just gotten married then so that I could go through the whol temple and be there more often.
Anyways, the reason why I write this is because I did baptizms last night. It was such an amazing trip. I would have to say one of the best and I have taken A LOT of trips to the temple. One reason was because it was with my singles ward and not my home ward. No offense, but that was one reason why it was a little better because the people there with me are a little more mature and can handle being quiet and reverent in the temple and so it just seemed to be a little more spiritual and a great reverence. I loved it. But I also got alot of answers to my prayers and I could not hold in my tears the whole night. The second I walked in I felt the spirit and I got an answer to one of my trials I'm going through. But I held in my tears because I didn't want everyone to think I was crazy. Thanks Vanessa, I can now say I know how to hold in my tears. haha. (shes the one that taught me how to, without her even knowing it!) Anyways, I spent alot of time with my heavenly father there and I know that is the place for me and my heavenly father to spend time with each other and talk. It was an amazing feeling. There was so many things that happened there, that were very personal that I won't metion. But I just have to say that its the place to be. I challenge everyone to make a goal to go to the temple more often then you are right now. You will be lifted up and strengthened. I am still glowing from last night. I hope you know that "I love to see the temple. I'm going there someday To feel the Holy Spirit, To listen and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, A place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young; This is my sacred duty. I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll cov'nant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place Where we are sealed together. As a child of God, I've learned this truth; A fam'ly is forever."
I also have to say Cracker Barrel before the temple, was AMAZING. I have to say I've never had better food then last night. (well besides the amazing food in France. but that doesn't count.) I had breaded Shrimp, hushpuppies, steak fries, macaroni and cheese, applesauce, and biscuits. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! everysingle one of those items were DE-LISH!!!! I ate so much of it I was sick when I walked out. I was dared to eat all my plate, but i couldnt do it. I finished all half pound of shrimp though. :) anyways, I just had to add that in there because that definitely added to the amazazingness of the night. I have to say thanks to the ward for taking us and making it special for me. and your highness, thanks for making the trip that much more better. You know why and you know what I'm talking about, but seriously girl. I LOVE YOU!!! stay amazing.

No comments: