Sunday, August 23, 2009

Charity~The pure love of Christ

I hope I can continue my success with my weekly christ-like attributes. I know if i make them official and put them up on my blog it wil remind me and give me a little more of a push. This last week it was happiness. I started on Monday with a rough start, but I ended the week happy. There were times I even was wondering why am I happy right now. I normally would get mad in this situation or whatever. But the lord was on my side the whole time. Its amazing how many things I can get done and conquered when the Lord is on my side the whole time. I used him the whole week and went to him often. I stayed happy the whole week and that would make me even more happy. I had a rough week, but I didn't even notice it and no one else did because I was too busy being happy. So I will continue my happiness this week and keep that on my mind.
This week I am focusing on Charity. When I was at church today, I was wondering what I could focus on, and couldn't think of anything. But then I looked back at my day earlier. The first thought I had when I woke up this morning was, "I want to make some cookies for my family!" So I decided that that must be what I'll do all week. Focus on others and not on me. We have been having lessons in Relief Society on it as well so it has been on my mind. Anyways...
I'll end with a quote by Marjorie Hinckley. This is my favorite quote I think. This is gunna be my theme and my push this week. wish me good luck!...
"I dont want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifuly tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the tires from taking the kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwhiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with the children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." ~Marjorie Hinckley

No comments: