Saturday, May 9, 2009

RIP Raven Elizabeth Jeffords
























Dear Raven,
I had the great opportunity to know you Raven. I miss you and will always love you and keep you dear to my heart. I remember when we were younger and we played at your house all the time. I can clearly remember one day in particular. It wasn't a special day in particular. It was another day with you. We had played with your lizards and had snacks for the day. We decided to go outside that day in your backyard. We chased butterflys and giggled as we played with them. I remember it was almost summer and the sun was out and bright that day. Dont ask me why, but I remember this specific thing about you and I have never been able to forget it since I heard that you had Leukemia and since I heard of your passing.
Your hair was down to your waste. It was golden brown and curly. I just remember looking at your hair and the sun was almost reflecting off of it was so shiny. You had the most beautiful hair and I have never been able to let go of that image in my mind about you. You were the reason why I wanted to grow out my hair and have beautiful gorgeous hair. Recently when my hair was incredibly long, I would often think about you. When I was ready for it, I decided to donate my hair to locks of love and thought about you constantly in the whole process. Thought about all those little girls out there that used to have gorgeous hair like you, but now dont, due to cancer, just like you.
Since you've been diagnosed with Leukemia I always thought you were here to change my views on life. But you weren't. You were here to change the views of everyone's views on life. You always had a smile on your face, no matter what. Even when you had no hair, when you were in pain, or when you had nothing going right in your life you always were so happy, smily, positive, and sweet to everyone. I loved that about you.
Once we grew up, and the wards split up, and you were diagnosed with Leukemia we never really continued to spend time with each other. But I continued to see you as the beautiful, sweet, and loving friend that I have.
You passed away last Saturday and I was truly sad that day. Once I heard that you were gone, I cried, and thought, "who's gunna be the happy smily girl in my life now?" But I have done alot of reflections and I have decided that I am going to be happy and cheerful just like you were. I'm gunna be the happy person in my life. I need to be grateful for what I have and always have a smile on my face cuz I will never know what kind of difference I will have on someone, like you did with me.
I could go on and on about all that I learned from you and how I am changed woman because of your life in my life. I know that you are happy now. I know that you have your beautiful hair back and you can smile with your Eternal Father now. I want you to know that I love you. I miss you. I am grateful for you. God be with me until we meet again!

1 comment:

Dessa Mae said...

She was a very special young lady! Beautiful spirit and kind heart.